Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/01/24 at 13:36:09 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Caintuck Regular vs Magnum baffles (Read 213 times)
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Caintuck Regular vs Magnum baffles
07/26/24 at 18:36:20

Recently I decided to upgrade my Caintuck baffles for my Fast15 drivers. I contacted Randy and within a week he had a pair of Cherry Magnum baffles headed out to me. Below is just a before/after comparison of the more noted changes.

The first thing that I noticed was the sound came across much more relaxed and easier to listen for an extended time. The second most noticeable thing was most of the excess brightness that I was trying to eliminate from my system was gone. The third was the bass was not as subjectively loud, yet was also cleaner, deeper and more visceral. My conclusion was the thicker Magnum baffles eliminate a number of vibrations that allow the Fast15’s to continue to show their strengths as quick and efficient full range speaker drivers. The Magnum’s really allow the Fast15’s to shine.

Holo Audio May L2 DAC
Decware SE84UFO25/Fast 15 Network
Caintuck Cherry Magnum/Lii Audio Fast15's
Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables
Verifi SDFB's w/ Graphene Sluggos
Verifi Puron/Snubway
All Cryotone tubes
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Re: Caintuck Regular vs Magnum baffles
Reply #1 - 07/26/24 at 21:41:43

Hi Artman,

Many thanks for posting your observations .....

What you are describing matches very well with what i am hearing in my room, but it's always good to have verification from another music lover.

Happy listening,
Randy

Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Schiit Audio Saga+ preamplifier
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Magnum Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii W-15 Magnum Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Re: Caintuck Regular vs Magnum baffles
Reply #2 - 07/27/24 at 19:32:15

Randy,

It never hurts to have some outside verification that we may not be delusional, after all.

I got my hearing back in my right ear about 3 weeks ago. It was during a long period of listening, with only one ear, that I first noticed the vibration of the original baffle, during a loud bass note. It was exciting but once heard, I could never not hear it again and again. I had intended to upgrade my baffles earlier but while breaking in my graphene sluggos, listening via one ear, it seemed like the ideal time to do so. It was also during this time period my Snubway arrived. After a couple days plugged into my system, the remaining brightness was also removed.

The removal of those baffle vibrations is another one of those upgrades that allows the inner detail to emerge from a black background without the previous noise that helps to obscure that detail.

I am glad that you are still enjoying your retirement hobby. I am happy to enjoy the benefits of your hobby.

Art

Holo Audio May L2 DAC
Decware SE84UFO25/Fast 15 Network
Caintuck Cherry Magnum/Lii Audio Fast15's
Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables
Verifi SDFB's w/ Graphene Sluggos
Verifi Puron/Snubway
All Cryotone tubes
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print