Send Topic Print
Show us your desk audio (Read 94 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Show us your desk audio
07/30/24 at 18:47:07

I am just finishing up a complete redesign of my listening room and as of the result of that, I moved my long standing equipment holding desk.

Now that my main system is divorced from my desk, I needed to step up my nearfield listening kit on my desk.

As such, it currently is my old Wadia 151 PowerDAC powering my maple and mahogany 5" Tang Band speakers. Currently I am using a Dell laptop and JRiver to feed the DAC amp.

Let me say that how this all images is remarkable, everything is right there, the speakers don't exist in the context of the sound stage.

So what are you folks using in your desk systems?

Speakers, amps, headphones, earbuds????

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Show us your desk audio
Reply #1 - 07/30/24 at 18:56:45

Looks nice--I bet it sounds great!

I don't have a desk system any longer. Or a desk! I have a headphone only system in our bedroom but it is on a Mapleshade Audio Samson rack and I sit in an armchair or sprawl along the bed to listen (and watch--I confess it's mainly for watching TV shows on the DVR that my wife is not interested in at all).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print