Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/14/24 at 23:19:59 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Music Purifiers for speakers by EVS (Read 363 times)
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Music Purifiers for speakers by EVS
07/31/24 at 03:37:32

Anyone using this tweak?  Got to share this wonderful tweak that I have had since Friday.  This is another WOW that 🤯.  I am stunned how good my speakers are sounding since adding these purifiers.  Highly recommend you check these out and they have a return guarantee. I keep thinking my system has maxed out but all these tweaks (SDFB, sluggos, puron, snubway, STR super rectifier, Stack SmoothLan etc) keep proving me wrong.

http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/EVS_Music_Purifier.html

Torii Jr V2 w/ Copper Bypass
Space-Tech Lab STR-104 Super Rectifier
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
SDFB w/Piggy and Silver Slugs
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Re: Music Purifiers for speakers by EVS
Reply #1 - 07/31/24 at 04:50:14

Are these zobel networks?  Capacitor and a resistor wired together.?

Have some on my equipment for many years and  see them  as an improvement.

I have tried the detail enhancers from Ric also, but they did not seem to make a big difference in my system.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/03/24 at 23:49:32

I spent some time this morning on Ric's website and got a good vibe from his enthusiasm and obsession with musical transparency by any means necessary. I placed an order for a couple pairs of the Music Purifiers/Ground Enhancers bundle. Very reasonably priced if they do indeed provide a benefit. I'm looking forward to hearing the result!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #3 - 08/04/24 at 00:58:27

Bloodlemons-  You will not be disappointed.  Ric has done a lot of development and a lot of component/speaker tweaking for many decades.  On my system these had the same impact as the STR.  I was pleasantly surprised 🤯 once again. I like them with the grounds attached but try them with and without the grounds.

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Reply #4 - 08/04/24 at 01:00:07

Johnnycopy- my understanding is these are not zobel networks.  Have to ask Ric for more details.

Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/04/24 at 06:34:25

Hearafter -- thanks for your encouraging comments. I'll let you guys know how they work out in my system!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Space Tech Labs STR 1002; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
PDXDrew

Reply #6 - 08/06/24 at 01:53:14

I use them on my speakers and have the same results. These remain and I do not plan on taking them out of the chain.

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/06/24 at 02:39:54

@hereafter

I did ask Ric a long time ago about whether they were zobel networks and he said they weren’t, but didn’t offer much more.

Thanks

IP Logged
Dennis
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 08/07/24 at 20:44:15

Well I’m floored. I am so antitweak too. But dam if these parts don’t make the music smoother and clearer. I installed them on one speaker and went back and fourth. I asked my daughter to listen and tell me what speaker sounded better and she picked the speaker w the sound purifier installed. Vocals are more easily heard and articulate. Thank you

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #9 - 08/08/24 at 17:52:15

I just ordered a pair.
I have to stop reading these threads.

IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 08/10/24 at 21:45:31

They work! Bigger, wider, more space in guitar textures, etc. Cool little upgrade for a very decent price.

I put a pair each on my LS3/A monitors and matching passive SUB3 stereo subs, btw. I haven't A-B'd with or without one or the other pair, but right now I'm not tempted to do so.

EDIT: I just added the Ground Enhancers, just to the monitors, not the subs. Even better. Wider, deeper soundstage. More detail in the highs. I'll have to spend some time with them, but so far these are keepers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print