Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/15/24 at 18:25:20 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EMIA Autoformer + Decware Synergy? (Read 18 times)
HiFi Bri

EMIA Autoformer + Decware Synergy?
Today at 16:13:01

I posted this in a reply on another thread but perhaps the topic warrants it's own thread.

I'm considering a non-Decware preamplifier to use with my UFO25 and have been toying around with purusing a more unconventional path than adding a tube preamp. Currently, I have to turn my amp up to 75% volume to fill the room with music, which isn't a problem, but has left me wondering if I'd benefit from more gain. After reading some glowing reviews, I became curious about the EMIA autoformer.

I emailed Dave Slagle about the possibility of adding the EMIA remote autoformer - specifically about the level of gain it brings and if he thinks it would provide me some ability to "ride the gain" as we say around here.

His response was that he felt the autoformers would work but may not give the improvement in sound that 12+dB of attenuation would give.

This has me considering alternative paths, such as:

1. adding a ZSTAGE to my system for a bit more gain, and using this along side the autoformer.
2. switching gears to a high quality tube preamp like the LTA Microzotl

For those of you who have experienced the EMIA, do you have any insights to share?

Rega P10 | Aphelion 2 |Darlington Labs MP-7 + SU-7 | ZRock2 w 25th Ann | SE84UFO25 w/ Attenuators | Decware I/Cs and Pwr Cbls | ZSTYX Speaker Cbls | Swiss Digital Fuse Box |Omega Alnico Towers | Butcherblock Acoustics RigidRack
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print