Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/27/24 at 06:15:56 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
power regenerators advice (Read 214 times)
Wayne
Verified Member

power regenerators advice
09/02/24 at 22:44:27

Who's using power regenerators and what changes has it made to your sound?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: power regenerators advice
Reply #1 - 09/02/24 at 23:32:41

I'm using a PS Audio P15 in my main system, and a PS Audio P10 in my audio/visual system. I rely on them. I get better bass and treble, better dynamics and better video image with them.With the regenerators my amps seem more powerful. I can use the phase and multi-wave functions to fine tune the sound as well. Expensive, but they have been worth it for me.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/03/24 at 13:43:12

Wayne,

Im using the P3 and believe it to be the foundation of my system. No fluctuating sound at different times of day, solid base to my conservative system.

Randall

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i and PSU, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
1stwattlife
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/04/24 at 15:52:59

I have always been curious of the idea of regeneration vs isolation.

IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/05/24 at 17:30:56

I'm using a PS Audio P12 in my system, and it runs everything but the power amps, which are mono blocks and plug directly into the wall. I got it because our last house had terribly noisy power, and since we didn't own it new wiring was out of the question. In that house the P12 made a huge difference over the conditioner I used previously. We've now bought a house with wiring redone in the last 10 years in an area with pretty clean power, but it still improves things and I've gotten used to the programability of the outlets and the fine tuning of phase and waveform that Lon talks about. Not a cheap upgrade, but definitely worth it if your power is lousy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print