Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/29/24 at 01:13:36 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What chance for a 25th Anniversary ZP3? (Read 173 times)
hostler
Verified Member

What chance for a 25th Anniversary ZP3?
09/03/24 at 15:50:36

Hello ... first encountered Decware around a decade ago now and was immediately converted to the 'less is more' Class A Tube approach to amplification.

Being in the UK, it was hard to find 240v examples on the secondary market, but eventually managed to buy an SE84, then a CSP2+ and finally a ZP3 - achieving true 'zen' sound that just beguiles me.

Didn't think it could get any better, but recently the chance to queue jump and get a SE84UFO25 came my way, and OMFG ... the improvement is ear-popping.

So now have folded, and put a downpayment on a matching CSP325, which hopefully will arrive in a couple of years time (!) ... but I wondered if we might ever see an upgrade for the ZP3 so that all three could be perfectly paired - cosmetically and sonically.

Would love to see 3x African Paduk tapered bases, and 3x green top plates all glowing together Steve  :)

What do you reckon?

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Re: What chance for a 25th Anniversary ZP3?
Reply #1 - 09/03/24 at 17:49:12

I did this with mine years ago.Have you reached out to Decware? Hopefully they still offer the upgrade for you to send your ZP3 back to for the anniversary mods. It made a significant difference in a very positive way on mine.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
1stwattlife
Seasoned Member

Re: What chance for a 25th Anniversary ZP3?
Reply #2 - 09/04/24 at 15:40:12

The upgrades are a great path for gear you already own... I am right beside you lusting over how that setup would look on a shelf or table. The green on the anniversary plates really pops. Want to work yourself up for a thing that probably won't happen? Imagine this...

Anniversary (30th maybe?) editions of the UFO3 (mono-blocks), CSP, and ZP3...

4 of those bad boys in matching bases with sweet spot lighting shining down as if an angel was holding 4 flashlights...

I am 95% sure I will never see this... but, I would also settle for the traditional black. I guess... since I have to...

lOl

Steve keeps coming up with awesomeness so maybe something else will tickle our fancies soon and we can console ourselves by being preoccupied by that...

Cheers

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print