Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/17/24 at 15:22:40 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Snubway/Mainstream outlet fitment (Read 90 times)
Sean
Seasoned Member

Snubway/Mainstream outlet fitment
09/13/24 at 22:51:00

I rec'd my Mainstream a couple days ago. That's the good news, the bad news is it doesn't fit in my 4 outlet box with three DHC-2 power cords. Not a showstopper, just a hurdle.I know one other person here that had a similar issue, sorry can't recall who it was. Before Mark left he mentioned a possible workaround for this so I emailed him. Not my place to say it's not going to happen, but there is a large expense involved for tooling that I would take as "not feasible" to move forward.  Mark is going to look for a 90 degree adapter that could possibly work. I'm going to look into creating a piggy like extension cord and other ideas. For now I do have Mainstream plugged in using a 8" cheapo piggy. I've got a bunch of these I use to keep wall worts hogging up outlet space.

First, I'm going down the path of trying to use "quality" connectors/wires because it seems like the right thing to do to get the best out of Mainstream. Any differing opinions, am I over thinking this?

I know male power cord ends are easy to find, however, the female end seems to be elusive. Anyone aware of something better than Home Depot quality?

Since I'm not finding female ends (my wife should be grateful), perhaps I should consider replacing the DHC2 end with something more slim? At the wall outlet I have SDFB with Piggy in the top and Snubway on the bottom and they fit real close, but they fit.

And the final (so far) idea is to move from a 4 outlet box to a 6 outlet box.

Any thoughts or ideas are very welcome, thanks!

Technics 1210G, Phasemation PP-500, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, UFO25, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Hearafter
Seasoned Member

“In Tubes We Trust”

Re: Snubway/Mainstream outlet fitment
Reply #1 - 09/13/24 at 23:28:17

I use these wall plugs on my duplex’s for my Snubway and Mainstream on both my systems. They are the best ones I have found and they work very well.  I treat the prongs and sockets with High Fidelity Cables Q45t Graphene 3D sound enhancer. I prefer not to have any additional cables.  It would be nice to find a high quality audio version of this type of splitter.

https://www.homedepot.com/pep/RIDGID-3-Outlet-Power-Hub-Adapter-36005/305186003?...

Torii Jr V2 w/ Copper Bypass
Space-Tech Lab STR-104 Super Rectifier
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Vanguard Caldera Sub
SDFB w/Piggy and Silver Slugs
Audio Envy Cables
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/14/24 at 02:17:49

I have a couple of the older short Piggies and would be willing to move one along if you'd like one. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/Reed 3P arm & Benz Micro Ebony cart; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm & ZYX Ultimate Exceed Airy cart or Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Lightspeed Attenuator; Space Tech Labs STR 1004 & 104; Sorcer X4+; SDFBs; Graphene Sluggos in all
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Sarah

Reply #3 - 09/14/24 at 02:27:13

Sean: I had a similar convo with Mark a while back on audiophile grade adapters I could use to plug both the Snubway and Mainstream and he said he was looking in to it.  I have two Duplex outlets for my two dedicated lines and they are both taken (1x Snubway in each line).

Hereafter: That’s the same exact model I had researched and would buy that if I were to pull the trigger on the Mainstream.  Looks like a decent adapter and glad to know it’s working well in your system.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print