Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/27/24 at 00:22:26 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
se84UFO2.1 running Headphones (Read 58 times)
ng5921
Verified Member

se84UFO2.1 running Headphones
09/18/24 at 23:59:12

Hey yall!

I recently got a gorgeous se84UFO2.1 with level 2 anniversary modifications, and I wanted to try running headphones with it.

I built a simple adapter to connect from the speaker binding posts to a 4 pin XLR cable, and plug my headphones directly in.

I am getting some strange results - it sounds like the entire soundstage is projecting from "behind" my ears. It is very odd. I have tried a number of different headphones (ZMF Atrium, ZMF Caldera, HD6XX, Modhouse Tungsten) and the result is the same regardless of headphone.

I messaged Steve about it and he is also not sure what is going on. I am hoping someone else has tried to run headphones off their se84UFO2.1 and can lend some insight into their experience.

I have also tried connecting the two negative speaker terminals with a piece of wire per Steve's rec, but that made no difference.

At this point I am down to a few possibilities - 1) it got damaged in transport; 2) my adapter cable is somehow defective (I have a professionally made one on the way).

I have not tried the Decware with speakers yet, but I have a pair of Super Alnico Monitors on the way.

Appreciate any and all help!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print