By popular request, we have created an
anniversary edition of our well loved CSP3 preamplifier to match our
25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier. We call it the CSP325 and
designed it to both match visually but also sonically. Like the 25th
Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier the CSP325 maintains a
purist and minimalist approach which is why has a pair of input jacks
located less than
one inch away from the input tube.
Steve Deckert - owner DECWARE / High
Fidelity Engineering Co.
model CSP325 preamplifier
- 6N1P-EV dual triodes per channel driven by a 6N5P-EV dual triode
- Compatible with 6922's
- Fully adjustable output level for each channel (0-30V)
- Dual independent tube-regulated power supplies
- Dual volume controls
- Vacuum-tube rectification
- Pure Class-A single-ended triode operation with DC-coupled stages.
- Zero negative feedback
- OTL SRPP design
- Input accommodations for 3 line level sources.
- 24K Gold-plated components
- Fully point-to-point wired
- Cryo-treated beeswax capacitors for both signal and power supplies.
- Magic eye vacuum tube VU meters
- High-mass steel chassis for low microphonics
- African Padauk hardwood base (or other custom woods)
- Lifetime warranty
There are a few differences between this CSP325 and the original CSP3 available here.
- In the CSP325, the headphone section and input level controls have been deleted.
- A pair of front input jacks were added for a total of 3 sources.
- The CSP325 features dual volume controls, one for each channel.
The CSP325 features vacuum tube VU meters using magic eye tubes to monitor the input level
feeding the preamp (one per channel). This helps those with variable sources get it in the sweet zone.
There is magic eye VU meter for each channel. Each of these tubes
are driven by a tiny triode tube located inside the preamp. In
fact there are four tubes total inside this preamp that you don't see
because they are hard soldered into the circuit and are of the type that
Internally everything is laid out point-to-point with silver wire and
cryo-treated beeswax caps. A real headache compared using a large
circuit board, but the sound quality difference is well worth the
The CSP325 is so pimped-out there are virtually no options
other than deciding what mains voltage you want it wired for and of
course the control knobs.
We recommend the black or cream chicken-head knobs for best performance. Knob choices
included tube compliment consists of a pair of 6N1P-EV dual triodes for
the output stage and a 6N5P-EV dual triode for the input stage.
The rectifier is a current production 5U4 from PSVane. These
factory red-tipped tubes are hand selected for premium sonics.
The magic eye tubes are 6B2 that last a very long time, in some cases
the life of the preamp. The internal tubes are rated at 100,000
hours and are covered by the original lifetime warranty.
|| 17 lbs. ea.
|| 9.0" H x 7.125"
W x 14.0" D
| Circuit type
Class-A Triode SRPP
| Power output
|| 0 ~ 30 volts
| Input voltage
|| max 10 volts
| Noise / Hum
|| -79 db U / -58 db U@120HZ
|| 20Hz ~ 20 kHz @ full output
|| 5U4G or 5AR4 or TYPE80 with adapter
| Output tubes
| VU tube
|| cathode biased
|| Precision WW & MF
by DALE, VISHAY, RHODERSTEIN
| Signal Caps
||Copper Foil Beeswax Film
| AC cord
|| Removable power
|| 65 watts
| Input jacks
|| RCA type
Gold / Teflon
|| RCA type
Gold / Teflon
WORLD VOLTAGE COMPATIBILITY
All model CSP325 preamplifiers come
standard with a 50/60 cycle world-voltage-compatible transformers and
will be hard-wired for your countries voltage and supplied with the
correct type of power cord. If you move it can be re-wired for any country.